Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Valencia in a Model 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Valencia in a Model 19

    Here are my Valencia components mounted in a Model 19 type enclosure. I will be getting 802-8G drivers in the future. The bass cabinet is made of 3/4" baltic birch. Lots of bracing inside. Bi amped 24dB/oct LR at 1200hz. The hf horn has a copy of the model 19 shaping network in front. The vents are 3-inch id pvc, 2 inches long. They are not installed in the attached photo.


    I'm still adjusting the fiberglass damping inside.

    I got lots of help on this forum. Thanks.

    Les

  2. #2
    Hostboard Member theebadone's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2009
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    Very nice job on the 19s. Those monsters should sound excellent with the right components. Are you using 416-8As in them now?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    I've got 416z's. Doesn't much matter since they are fed straight out of the lf power amplifier.

    thanks for your kind words.
    les

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member rontec's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2009
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    Looks first rate! Very cool....thanks for sharing.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    Very nice! I especially like the piano-black like finish on the sides & top. If I were a pro (knew what I were doing)........I'd do that to my factory 19's. Definetly.

    Russ

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    One of the miracles of digital photography is that things look different/better than they are. It's actually flat black plastic laminate over the baltic birch. In general, my speakers don't hold my interest long enough to merit furniture-grade finish. But because I thought these would be around for a while, I went to laminate.

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Valencia in a Model 19


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    Quote Originally Posted by les winter View Post
    Here are my Valencia components mounted in a Model 19 type enclosure. I will be getting 802-8G drivers in the future. The bass cabinet is made of 3/4" baltic birch. Lots of bracing inside. Bi amped 24dB/oct LR at 1200hz. The hf horn has a copy of the model 19 shaping network in front. The vents are 3-inch id pvc, 2 inches long. They are not installed in the attached photo.


    I'm still adjusting the fiberglass damping inside.

    I got lots of help on this forum. Thanks.

    Les
    Hi Les, Very Nice !!! One other thing I wanted to mention other than the fiberglas you asked about is that the 416's are front mounted and not rear mounted I don't know if it would make much differance but as I think you are trying to be as close to original as poss.I thought I would mention.Great Job Regards John

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    Thanks.

    I compensated for the front mount, which moved the woofer back by further recessing the horn baffle board. The horn sits a little deeper in its enclosure than the original.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    According to what I have been told, the 902's are a direct replacement for the 806's. I have 902's in my A7's crossed at 800Hz and they sound great. I believe much better than the 806's. I may consider putting them in my Valencias at some point. As soon as I get an extra $400.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Valencia in a Model 19

    I thought the 902s were a direct replacement for the 802's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.